Re: [lvs-users] question about LVS

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] question about LVS
From: "L.S. Keijser" <leon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 19:49:09 +0200
On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 15:48 +0200, Michiel van Es wrote:
> I am trying iptables -F but then no connection is made to the real
> server (server1).
> I am affraid I only Flush the filter table but not other tables..how can
> I check this?
> iptables -L -vn or with arptables?

Disclaimer: i have never used arptables. That said, why are you using
arptables? I recall both your realservers are running CentOS 5.4 so
setting the arp_ignore and arp_announce flags should be sufficient to
handle the ARP problem.

Please post the bash script you're using to setup the loopback device
etc. so i can take a look and maybe adjust it.

And since you're running CentOS, issuing:

$ service iptables stop

on all nodes should be enough to clear the firewall rules. Once you got
your LVS setup working, add rules one at a time, while testing your
setup and finally issue:

$ service iptables save

once you're satisfied, to save all active rules
to /etc/sysconfig/iptables.  But for now, let's not add firewall rules
to further complicate things.

Léon