Re: [lvs-users] fallthrough to director IP when no ipvs forwarding rule

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] fallthrough to director IP when no ipvs forwarding rule exists?
From: "Fred Clift" <fclift@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 16:09:50 -0600
Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

>> ipvs rules defined for forwarding, I 'fall through' to any potential
>> listening service on my director.
>>
>> How can I get rid of it?
>>

> don't have a service on the director listening on VIP/port
> controlled by LVS

Ugh - some days I completely miss the obvious.  I've been dealing with
weird routing and iptables rules all week and it never ever occurred to
me that sshd was listening on the wildcard address - switching it to
listen on just my director's admin public IP (and not the vips) solved
all my problem.

Thanks for being kind and not saying "DUH" after your response :)

Fred

--
Fred Clift
MCS Team Architect

This email message is intended for the use of the person to whom it has been
sent, and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If
you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, you
are not authorized to copy, distribute, or otherwise use this message or its
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
permanently delete this message and any attachments. Verio, Inc. makes no
warranty that this email is error or virus free.  Thank you.