Re: [lvs-users] ldirectord and oracle

To: Tim Pretlove <T.Pretlove@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] ldirectord and oracle
From: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 08:34:51 +0900
[ CC Geoff Harrison, who massaged check_sql() into order a while back ]

On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 11:53:56AM +0100, Tim Pretlove wrote:

> I seem to be having a few problems with ldirectord and oracle.
>
> The string that is sent to check_sql function seems to be unpopulated
>
> 3067 --- return check_sql(@_, "Oracle", "");
> 3067 +++ return check_sql(@_, "Oracle", "sid");
>
> Oracle seems to return a zero value from rows unless a fetchrow
> statement is called first, causing the test to fail.
>
> 3107     unless ($sth->rows) {

Hi Tim,

I must confess that I'm not an SQL expert, but I would like to get
this fixed. Would it be possible for you to come up with a patch for this
problem? Also, could you indicate if you think that your proposed solution
will work with other RDBMSes?

Thanks