Re: [lvs-users] LVS and FTP Connection issue from real servers

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS and FTP Connection issue from real servers
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 17:44:12 +0100
On Wed, 2010-06-09 at 09:20 -0700, Shaheed-SA wrote:
> We are using a Nat LVS setup, and we are trying to connect to an active FTP
> server, from the real servers.

This is more than likely an iptables problem - it is almost certainly
nothing to do with LVS.

Assuming you're using iptables to masquerade the connections from the
realservers you'll need the iptables nat ftp helper to be loaded.

How that loads is distribution-dependent, but the basic instruction (on
the director) would be:

modprobe -v nf_nat nf_conntrack_ftp nf_nat_ftp

Graeme