Re: [lvs-users] what logic am I missing? cause I don't see any benefits!

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] what logic am I missing? cause I don't see any benefits!
From: William Ottley <williamottley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 14:21:07 -0400
Hi Malcolm,

thanks soooo much for taking the time to respond!

Can you explain what you mean by more than one test client?
you mean instead of jmeter? find another one?

also, with regards to the increase in latency, yes your right, it will
increase slightly, (extra hop).
BUT, I tested the LB with 600 threads, and I tested a single Webserver
directly with the 600 threads, and I get the same latency....

I've even tried putting the VS1 on the private network card eth0 with
eth0:1, and on the individual webservers, I put the VS1 on the private
network cards as well, instead of on the lo:1
same results...

I've even gone and posted on craigslist to get someone to help me via skype
for $200, so if anyones up for the challange ;)

its just me and my dot com i'm trying to startup, and this is the last bit
that i'm stuck on...