Re: [lvs-users] Realservers as LVS clients in LVS-NAT..

To: "LinuxVirtualServer.org" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Realservers as LVS clients in LVS-NAT..
From: Anders Franzen <Anders.Franzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 09:48:20 +0200
I also have a problem with this, and doing it in a generic way, without
messing to much with the real-servers.

I've seen somewhere that removing the VIP ownership from the LB and
using FW-mark to throw traffic at the LVS might help.

I also think that LVS should be network name space aware, since that
would be one way of separating the realserver and LVS, this would help
when running realservers on the director so its not for your case.

And when I'm still on it, anybody know's why Julians send2self patch
never made it into the kernel. It is configurable per device so it
should not do any harm.

I'm using it myself, but a tweeked it a bit inorder to be able to send
messages out on the interface owning the dest address instead of going
to loopback.

Very useful if you want to have a centralized Firewalling and dont want
traffic between co-located applications bypass the fw.

/Anders