Re: [lvs-users] LVS-DR, without the "viritual IP", cause i don't need t

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS-DR, without the "viritual IP", cause i don't need to hide the RS..
From: "L.S. Keijser" <leon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 21:08:10 +0200
On Sun, 2010-07-04 at 09:44 -0400, William Ottley wrote:
> Has it ever occurred to you:
> #1 a lot of the how-to's on LVS.org server are a bit... ohhhh say...
> outdated with the current kernels?

The information in the LVS HOWTO is relevant to the specific kernel
you're using for your LVS implementation. Yes, some things are older
than others, but all are useful.

I don't quite understand why you bring this up though.

> #2 that perhaps, someone such as myself isn't as greatly intelligent as
> yourself? and so we are going to the mailling lists to seek out
> "clarifications", that what we "think we know" is indeed correct, or if we
> have miss-understood what the HOW-To's are saying?

Yes, i do realize that as well. You asked a question that has been
answered/explained in the HOWTO. Three people pointed you there.

Again, i don't know why you are reacting this way.

> #3 that most likely, the person that has stated they already have an LVS-DR
> up and running has done either one of 2 things:
> a) read the howto's, and the thousands of other mini blog entries about
> modifying this and that to the LVS-DR based on distro, etc, and is kind of
> stuck on 1 bit of info, and so they go to the mailling lists, hoping to
> stumble upon a generous and wisdom person such as yourself?

If you had really "read the howto's, and the thousands of other mini
blog entries" you would have come across the section explaining what you
needed to know.

The section that Anders posted was from the official LVS HOWTO, which
you've read. The one i pointed out was too, and specifically paragraph 6
from chapter 7 would suit your needs.

> b) the person is divine themselves and has grabbed all the info from the
> Akashic records of life, and created an LVS-DR all by themselves without
> reading any kind of documentation from anywhere???

Ah, sarcasm. Jolly good.

I hope you get things working.

Léon