Re: [lvs-users] Source-IP based distribution

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Source-IP based distribution
From: Richard Verwayen <lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 14:02:01 +0200
Hello world!
Am 14.07.2010 04:01, schrieb Simon Horman:

>>> Just fiddling around with ldirectord and IPVS for a setup where a
>>> firewall has two interfaces on two different external networks (lets
>>> make it 172.16.23.0/24 and 192.168.23.0/24) and is used as a load
>>> ballancer for httpd.
>>>
>>> Right now, we need to distribute the traffic over both lines (DNS Round
>>> robin), but I have to be sure that the client needs to end up on the
>>> same (internal) server, no matter which external IP is used.
>>
>> in general, ipvs doesn't guarantee that a client will wind
>> up on a particular realserver (except for the source routing
>> scheduler, or persistence)
>>
>> ipvs only affects packets after they've arrived on the
>> director and doesn't care which NIC they arrive on. Are both
>> NICs advertising the VIP?
>
> Taking a step back, I think that what Richard has here is two different
> VIPs that he would like persistence to be common for. This is possible
> by using a single fwmark virtual service with persistence.
>
> I don't think its necessary to use the sh scheduler, although
> that was my initial reaction when I first read Richard's email.
You got me right!
I do have two different VIPs
* 172.16.23.166
* 192.168.23.166
and there is a DNS-based RoundRobin loadbalancing for testhost.com
(testhost.com resolves to 172.16.23.166 & 192.168.23.16) Now i need to
make sure that a client is directed to the same real server.

The idea of fwmark looks like being the most promising to me...

Thx for the support!

Richard