Re: [lvs-users] lvsd/pulse bugs

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] lvsd/pulse bugs
From: Tracy Reed <treed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:51:03 -0700
On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 01:10:56AM -0400, Fred Clift spake thusly:
> Are there other known issues with these programs that we might likely
> trip over?  In particular are there nanny options that currently are
> arguably non-valid parameters (cause immediate nanny exit) - for
> example, a timeout of 0 is one.  Are there others?

When I am back in the office tomorrow I look forward to reviewing the
issues you found and proposed solutions and see if they are affecting
us also. We have had some weird behavior from lvs/nanny etc. Also, you
might want to see my posts of around July 4th. Especially if you are
using persistence. I am running CentOS 5.5 which should be identical
to your RHEL systems.

I still don't know why we are seeing weird behavior with ipvsadm
--list or why traffic is not being directed as we expect but I have
not really looked at it much this past week. But it is definitely time
to revisit the issue as we have some more machines to add to the load
balancer and I am concerned about doing so before we really understand
what is going on.

--
Tracy Reed
http://tracyreed.org