[lvs-users] Zero Active/Inactive connection

To: lvs-users <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] Zero Active/Inactive connection
From: Himanshu Raina <himanshu.raina@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:53:47 +0530
Hi,

I observed a strange problem with one of my LVS servers today. The LVS
has multuple IP(s) configured of which
one of the interfaces eth0:5 had a problem. No requests were coming to
this interface of the box (I tested
this using tcpdump). The stats are given below

[root@linuxcp10191 ~]# ipvsadm -L -n --stats| grep -A4 192.168.2.5
TCP  192.168.2.5:80                   0        0        0        0
0
  -> host1:80                    0        0        0        0        0
  -> host2:80                    0        0        0        0        0
  -> host3:80                  0        0        0        0        0
  -> host4:80                    0        0        0        0        0

[root@localhost ~]# ipvsadm -Ln --rate | grep -A4 192.168.2.5
TCP  192.168.2.5:80                   0        0        0        0
0
  -> host1:80                    0        0        0        0        0
  -> host2:80                    0        0        0        0        0
  -> host3:80                  0        0        0        0        0
  -> host4:80                    0        0        0        0        0

I stopped and started ldirectord but it didn't improve the situation
whereas when I killed ldirectord and started
it, the problem got solved. What I'm unable to understand is how
different are the two methods when it comes to
re-initializing the daemon.

--
Regards,

Himanshu Raina
--
Did you hear about the model who sat on a broken bottle and cut a nice figure?