Re: [lvs-users] Client, Server and Director in same LAN

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Client, Server and Director in same LAN
From: Malte Geierhos <malte@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 00:23:40 +0400
Hi,

Am 30.10.2010 um 09:35 schrieb Michael Schwartzkopff:

> On Saturday 30 October 2010 07:10:17 Simon Horman wrote:

>>> No. have some older version on the kernel and do not use NAT at all.
>>>
>>> The only explanation we found at the moment is that something with
>>> bonding did not work properly.
>>
>> Would it be possible for you to try this with a newer kernel
>> and if pain persists describe your setup in a little more detail?
>
> We have 2.6.34.
> Simple setup. Everything in the same LAN. direct routing. All hosts with
> bonding interfaces connected to two switches.

And you're quit sure that every host is "active" on the same switch ?
I mean i guess you're aware of a non-existing broadcast domain - across those
switches
and that in mind - perhaps problems with the layer2 rewriting ... the director
does ?

i'd suggest testing first without bonding with only one switch - and then after
all
configure the bonding in a failover scenario - i don't know about your switches
- but
i'm guessing you're not using these 10k+ € pieces, that can do LACP over
several switches ..

regards,
Malte