[lvs-users] Loadbalacing (DR) without assigning the VIP to loadbalancer

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] Loadbalacing (DR) without assigning the VIP to loadbalancer
From: Ruben Laban <r.laban@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 15:44:07 +0100
Hello list,

I'm trying to do direct-routing loadbalancing of a complete /23 (for now, will
grow to roughly a /21). However, it seems that IPVS only picks up traffic for a
VIP, when it's actually configured on the loadbalancer itself. I was hoping I
could just route the /23 (or /21) to the loadbalancer and that IPVS would pick
it up from there. Having to add all IPs of the /23 to my heartbeat config
surely isn't ideal: failover time would be quite dramatic. So, is this kind of
"routed" setup possible at all currently?

Regards,
Ruben Laban