[lvs-users] ldirectord fails to add a healthy server

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] ldirectord fails to add a healthy server
From: Kobi Biton <kobi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 18:55:59 +0200
I have encountered a bizarre issue with ldirectord (heartbeat-Ldirectord
version 2.1.4-11 RPM centos 5 x64)

I used iptables to block real server port  , ldirectord detects it
immediately and server gets 0 Weight as expected  , If I remove the
iptables rule after a few minutes the server is being added and gets
weight 10 as expected , however when waiting for >24h it seems that the
despite removing the iptables rule the server will not be re-added does
ldirectord has a deadtime parameter ? do I face a bug ?

To workaround I issue a mauall ipvsadm command to re-add the real
server.

Appreciate your assistant.

Kobi.