Re: [lvs-users] debugging ldirectord problem

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] debugging ldirectord problem
Cc: Ricardo Kleemann <ricardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Henrique Fernandes <sf.rique@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 23:36:19 -0300
[]'sf.rique

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 10:16 PM, Ricardo Kleemann
<ricardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to make ldirectord work for smtp and having some issues.
>
> Basically I have 2 servers which themselves run virtualization (via
> virtualbox).
>
> Server1 has a virtualized server running smtp (lets call it smtp1 ->
> 192.168.1.204)
> Server2 also has a virtualized server running smtp (lets call it
> smtp2 -> 192.168.1.102)
>
> ldirectord is running on Server1, ip 192.168.1.200
>
> So I have in my config:
>
> virtual=192.168.1.200:25
>         real=192.168.1.102:25 masq
>         real=192.168.1.204:25 masq
>         service=smtp
>         scheduler=wlc
>         protocol=tcp
>         #persistent=600
> #       #netmask=255.255.255.255
>         checktype=connect
>
> I have no problems getting to smtp1 and smtp2 from the ldirectord
> server:
>
> $ telnet 192.168.1.204 25
> Trying 192.168.1.204...
> Connected to 192.168.1.204.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 220 email1 ESMTP
>
> $ telnet 192.168.1.102 25
> Trying 192.168.1.102...
> Connected to 192.168.1.102.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 220 maillgw2 ESMTP MailCleaner (Community Edition 2010 beta 3) Sat,
> 05 Mar 2011 17:08:46 -0800
>
> However, ldirectord only flows connections to the virtual server that
> is local to itself (smtp1). No matter what I do, it will never use the
> other smtp server (smtp2).
>
> ldirectord considers both as valid and adds weight to them
>
> sysadmin@vbox:/etc/bind/master$ sudo ipvsadm -L
> IP Virtual Server version 1.2.1 (size=4096)
> Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
>   -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight
> ActiveConn InActConn
> TCP  vbox:smtp wlc
>   -> email1:smtp                  Masq
> 1      1          1
>   -> mailgw2:smtp                 Masq
> 1      0          1
>
> But again, never routes to the other smtp.
>
> So I tried removing the smtp1 from the equation, and then even though
> ipvsadm reports it is available for forwarding, that never works. I
> never get the connection. If smtp1 is in the forwarding list, then it
> works.

What do you do to take it out of equation ?

What do you mean it never flows to the other server ?

Try like this:

>From another server do it about 5 times and post the results!

$ telnet 192.168.1.200 25

After it, go into the first server and shut down mail server and see if
ldirector set it weigh to 0 if it does, it should only goes to next server.

So for tests porpuses:
Shut down one mail sever and repet the test above.
WITHOUT restarting it, shutdown the other mail server, and repeat thet test
Now you can turn one the firt server again and repeat the teste.

When you post here the results i might be able to help!

> Any idea what could be wrong?

I did not understand pretty well what is wrong. Lets see if you got my ideia
and will test it well!

> Thanks
> Ricardo

Good luck!