[lvs-users] LVS Source NAT question: address pool?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] LVS Source NAT question: address pool?
From: "George B." <georgeb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 15:18:01 -0800
I am currently investigating the use of LVS for an application that will
require NAT mode.  In addition to destination NAT of the packets, I will
also need to source NAT the packets in order to get them back to the LVS.
The problem is that the application currently has >165,000 connections which
is too many to source NAT from a single IP address.  Is there any way a pool
of IP addresses can be used for source NAT?

I am not familiar with LVS but am familiar with linux, iptables, and
iproute2.  Real servers are not linux (they are Solaris) so those tools
can't be used on them.

So, basically, I want to take an incoming packet, destination NAT to the
desired real server, and source NAT the packet from a pool of IP addresses
on the LVS to ensure the traffic gets routed back to it.

Can LVS do that?

George