Re: [lvs-users] Does LVS Choke a Little Bit Under High Load?

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Does LVS Choke a Little Bit Under High Load?
From: "Robinson, Eric" <eric.robinson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 14:23:01 -0700
> On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 11:50 -0700, Robinson, Eric wrote:
> > Is possible that LVS might have problems with passive FTP
> when there
> > are a lot of simultaneous connections to track?
>
> Possible; I would consider it more possible that there's
> something more likely to be dropping out of a table - either
> the tracking table for LVS connections, or the netfilter
> conntrack records.
>
> How many is "a lot"?
>
> Graeme

I have not actually counted the connections, but I would estimate maybe
ten thousand or more. I've been a little afraid of running any commands
on the load balancer to count the number of connections during high
production load. I didn't want to break something. Probably a silly
worry. What command should I run? I'll post the output.

--Eric

Disclaimer - March 24, 2011
solely for LinuxVirtualServer.org users mailing list.. If you are not the named
addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any
views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and
might not represent those of Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select
Management. Warning: Although Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select
Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in
this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage
arising from the use of this email or attachments.