[lvs-users] ldirectord/ha ignoring config file

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] ldirectord/ha ignoring config file
From: Brian Ott <Brian.Ott@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 11:15:57 -0400
Hello Anyone,

I've been using heartbeat/ldirectord for over 2 years with no issues,
until recently. There have been no changes made system or config
wide on the load balancers.

Info:

ldirectord version 2.1.3-6lenny4
heartbeat version 2.1.3-6lenny4

Debian 5.0.5

Config: (The config for port 80 is the same)

virtual=1.1.1.1:443
        real=10.0.0.1:443 gate
        real=10.0.0.2:443 gate
        real=10.0.0.3:443 gate
        #real=10.0.0.10:443 gate
        fallback=10.0.0.4:443 gate
        checktype=connect
        scheduler=lblc
        service=https
        protocol=tcp
        persistent=60

The Problem:

I've got about 10 entries all a little different but this one has been
giving me issues. Theses IPs are just made up I replaced them with the
real ones. Anyways these real servers are Windows IIS servers, what we
are seeing is everything will be running fine then if they restart for
example 10.0.0.10 IIS, then when you load up 1.1.1.1 it shows that
page/server. Even if I do 'ipvsadm -L' the pool looks fine, .10 isn't
there and the other servers are with a route of 1.

I've also noticed if I comment all of them and then except for .10, I
can still reset for example .1 or .2 IIS server and then the pool will
change by adding that server into the pool as if it has ignored the
configuration file.

This has become a problem because .10 is meant for staging, and
every time they make a change then the production website changes.

I can provide finer detail on the weird issues we experience.
Hopefully this doesn't sound crazy at all.

Cheers,

--
Brian Ott
Unix System Administrator

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
MaRS Centre, South Tower
101 College Street, Suite 800
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 0A3

Telephone:      647-260-7977
Email:          brian.ott@xxxxxxxxxx
www.oicr.on.ca

This message and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged
information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or
distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally
intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other
information contained in this message may not be that of the organization.