[lvs-users] Setting Max Connections

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] Setting Max Connections
From: "Robinson, Eric" <eric.robinson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 01:06:49 -0700
Is it possible to specify a maximum number of connections that LVS will
direct to a realserver? Suppose I have two load-balanced servers, each
capable of handling 150 users, and both are 75% full. If one crashes,
the users will lose connection and try to log back in, and LVS will
direct them to the surviving server. The only problem is that the
surviving server can only handle maybe 50 more users. If all 300 users
try to use it, the server was slow to a crawl. How do I specify a max
limit of, say, 200 users? Better to have some users not be able to use
the system than none of them.

--Eric

Disclaimer - June 14, 2011
solely for lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx If you are not the named addressee
you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or
opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not
represent those of Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management.
Warning: Although Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management has
taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email,
the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from
the use of this email or attachments.