Re: [lvs-users] LVS RR becomes unbalanced after time

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS RR becomes unbalanced after time
From: Luc van Donkersgoed <luc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 09:37:42 +0200
Hi,

I don't see any mention of segfaults in my logs, but did manage to solve my
problem. Apparently I forgot some basic configuration on my webservers, which
screwed up ARP. I don't understand the specifics yet - I will delve into that
today - but the solution was to add these lines to /etc/sysctl.conf:

# Enable configuration of arp_ignore option
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.eth0.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.eth1.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.bond0.arp_ignore = 1

# Enable configuration of arp_announce option
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce = 2
net.ipv4.conf.eth0.arp_announce = 2
net.ipv4.conf.eth1.arp_announce = 2
net.ipv4.conf.bond0.arp_announce = 2

And then run sysctl -p

Keep in mind that I have two network interface cards in bonding mode, so you
probably need to adjust the above lines to match your own setup. Ever since
applying the above, my cluster is working like sunshine :D

Hope that helps you,
Luc