[lvs-users] Load balance IIS and Apache servers

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] Load balance IIS and Apache servers
From: Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:06:01 -0400
Hi All,

I'm using pulse + lvs on a couple of RHEL 6.1 machines. Pulse and lvs
are working wonderfully so far, though it's all only in testing.

I'm quite new to LVS. The questions I'm about to ask for the scenario
I'm about to present may be stupid.  Nonetheless, I'd appreciate an
answer!

I have a virtual server configured for a bunch of apache servers.  I've
tried to configure a second virtual server listening on a different IP
for a bunch of IIS servers.  Of course, I have both virtual servers
using the same port, which is 80.

If I start pulse, the first virtual server comes up fine, but the second
one fails.  For shits and giggles, I changed the port for the second
virtual server to 22, and upon restarting pulse, the second virtual
server started up. I could see the real servers associated with both
virtual servers.

I'm going to assume I can't have two virtual servers using the same
application port even though their virtual IPs are different. If this is
indeed true, is there a workaround? If there isn't, how should I go
about load balancing IIS and Apache servers with one set of LVS routers?

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu
Linux 2.6.32.26-175.fc12.x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux