[lvs-users] ipvsadm stop-daemon command

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] ipvsadm stop-daemon command
From: "Ryan O'Hara" <rohara@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 16:12:12 -0500
What is the purpose of passing a state parameter (backup or master) to
the ipvsadm stop-daemon command? I fully understand why a state
parameter is desirable for the start-daemon command, but I can't think
of why stop-daemon would need this information. Is there more going on
that simply stopping the sync daemon?

There is no description of the stop-daemon command in the ipvsadm(8)
man page. Furthermore, it appears there is some inconsistencies in the
man page with respect to the required state parameter.

Thanks.

Ryan O'Hara
--
rohara@xxxxxxxxxx