Re: [lvs-users] "wrong" redirecting by the director

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] "wrong" redirecting by the director
From: "Peter Stimpel" <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:29:14 +0100
> Is it possible that all the devices in use for that customer are
behind
> some form of NAT device, so they all appear to be coming from the same
> IP and port?
>
> Alternatively, it may be that the sudden inrush of connections makes
the
> realserver responses get delayed, so they remain at "inactive" (that
is,
> half-open in this context) and therefore not contributing to the load
> count - meaning the scheduler still schedules new connections in to
the
> realserver with the least "active" (fully open) connections.

There is no NAT involved between Loadbalancer and Clients. The
Loadbalancer sees the clients IP addresses. I should add: this
infrastructure is part of a VPN we are running with the GSM provider.

Yep, this is exactly what happens, the connections stay "half-open", and
therefore there is no add on the connection count. This is why I was
aksing for a way to include the inactive connections in the directors
decision.

Regards

Peter