Re: [lvs-users] Announcement: Piranha being retired in Fedora 17

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Announcement: Piranha being retired in Fedora 17
From: Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <dennisml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 02:29:38 +0100
On 01/28/2012 09:02 PM, Emilio Campos wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> The source code is included on the metadistro, the entire code is on
> /usr/local/zenloadbalancer, we base the soluion on debian but if someone is
> interested to  integrate on other distro we are going to support it.
>
> Zen works with  binaries of other projectss fo the load balance core, wich
> we are modifying  and improving, the entire code is reported to the
> original project
>
> About SVN, at the moment isn't configured, but I said on my last lines
> where you can read our code easily, we are working to configure it.
>
> By other hand there is a repository with the zen deb package, maybe you are
> interested on use it instead of svn
>
> *deb http://zenloadbalancer.sourceforge.net/apt/x86 v2/*

Thanks. I was hoping to be able to adapt this to run on Fedora/RHEL and
perhaps add LVS support but after seeing that this is basically a set of
perl CGI scripts with the UI html mixed into the code I don't think this is
a viable approach. That's unfortunate because the overall approach looks
quite nice and it could replace Piranha quite nicely.

Regards,
   Dennis