[lvs-users] ipvsadm not showing backup sync daemon

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] ipvsadm not showing backup sync daemon
From: "Ryan O'Hara" <rohara@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 14:31:01 -0600
I noticed that 'ipvsadm --list --daemon' was not showing the backup
daemon, which appears to be running. Best explained with an example.

After starting the master and backup daemons on separate node, the
master node appears to be normal:

# ipvsadm --list --daemon
master sync daemon (mcast=eth0, syncid=0)

But on the backup node I don't see the backup daemon that appears be be
running:

# ipvsadm --list --daemon

Nothing shown as running, so I try to start the backup daemon by hand:

# ipvsadm --start-daemon backup
Daemon has already run

Now let's try to stop the backup sync daemon and start it again:

# ipvsadm --stop-daemon backup
# ipvsadm --list --daemon
# ipvsadm --start-daemon backup
# ipvsadm --list --daemon

Still not output for 'ipvsadm --list --daemon'.

For what its worth, each node does correctly report connections via
'ipvsadm -lc', so the sync daemon appears to be working. The only
problem appears to be that 'ipvsadm --list --daemon' does not show the
backup daemon.

What am I missing? Thanks.

Ryan