Re: [lvs-users] Announcement: Piranha being retired in Fedora 17

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Announcement: Piranha being retired in Fedora 17
From: "L.S. Keijser" <leon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 11:07:37 +0100
On Fri, 2012-01-27 at 13:26 +0000, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> > How do you keep your ldirector config files in sync? Shared filesystem,
> > svn/cvs, or just rsync/scp?
> >
> > I've got pretty much the same config - A cloned ldirectord resource on
> > pacemaker. I'm using DRBD+GFS2, but it seems overkill. Just curious what
> > others are doing for similar implementations.
> >
> > David
>
> Yes. DRBD+GFS is overkill. Since most configs change only per year I do the
> sync manually. rsync in a cronjob would be the automatic alternative.

A bit late to reply, but anyway ..

ldirectord has an option execute a command as soon as the config
changes. For example:

  autoreload = yes
  callback = "/usr/local/bin/sync_ldirectord"

Then the contents of sync_ldirectord could be something like this:

rsync -aq /etc/ldirectord.cf lb02::lvs

or scp , or whatever you want. Then as soon as you change the
ldirectord.cf on one node, it is synced to the other. This is how I've
been doing it for years. Usually rsyncd on the other side so I don't
need to allow passwordless ssh or mess with scponly.

regards,

Léon