Re: [lvs-users] annoying routing problem with a lvs cluster (solved) 2

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] annoying routing problem with a lvs cluster (solved) 2
From: Dean Scothern <dean.scothern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 12:01:26 +0000
Hi,

Sigh bad formatting my end, corrected :

Machine that is a client and a server

Where 192.168.3.107 = backend ip running the service
192.168.2.107 = front end ip used for client requests
192.168.2.1 = front end ip on main gateway (1st default gateway)
192.168.3.149 = backend ip on the load balancer that is used as the 2nd default
gateway (return traffic back from backend ip)

Example network config:

ip addr add 192.168.3.107/24 dev eth0; ip link set eth0 up
ip addr add 192.168.2.107/24 dev eth1; ip link set eth1 up

ip rule flush
ip rule del pref     0 lookup local
ip rule add pref   500 lookup local

#readd defaults
ip rule add pref 30000 lookup main
ip rule add pref 30100 lookup default

ip rule add pref 10 iif eth0 lookup local
ip rule add pref 11 iif eth1 lookup local

ip rule add pref 100 to 192.168.3.107 lookup secondary
ip rule add pref 101 from 192.168.3.107 lookup secondary

echo 1 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/accept_local
echo 1 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth1/accept_local

ip route add default via 192.168.2.1

ip route flush table secondary
ip route add default via 192.168.3.149 table secondary