Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna
From: Enno Gröper <enno+lvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:13:50 +0100
Hi,

Am 20.03.2012 13:15, schrieb Reet Vyas:
> I did that but still no luck I just want to know wat i am trying to
> configure is correct or not .. Can i access url from VIP as
> 192.168.3.10:8080 or not? this is the VIP of my lvs router and it is
> working with reasl server 192.168.3.2:8080 ..
Without knowledge about the client, we can't tell. In theory yes, it
should work (just looking at the lvs configuration).
For now I simply ignore your second NIC on the LVS node.
I think you have either a 1-NIC, 2 Network LVS-NAT [1] or a One Network
LVS-NAT [2]. But only you know that for sure.
In both cases the LVS configuration is correct, but you still need
tweaks for your network setup.
The problem with one-arm LVS nodes is ICMP redirects.
What happens, if you ping the client from one of your realservers?
Is there a redirect shown? (Don't know what this looks like on Windows.
But I assume, Windows ping shows such things, too)

If I'm wrong with my assumption:
What is your exact setup?
* IP of client
* routing table of LVS node