Re: [lvs-users] ipvsadm problem

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] ipvsadm problem
Cc: Dmitry Akindinov <dimak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Coulson <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 08:04:09 -0400
1) Update to a more current CentOS - 6.0 has lots of bugs
2) How are you moving the IP between servers? Pacemaker, keepalived?
Have you checked the arp tables or route cache on a system which is
incorrectly sending traffic to the passive load balancer?

For what it is worth, in my environment my load balancers both run
complete ipvs tables built by ldirectord. Each run a master and backup
sync daemon using different sync IDs. Never had a problem, but I don't
think your issue has anything to do with IPVS and is more of a
routing/ARP problem.