[lvs-users] Squid Proxy behind LVS not opening some pages

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] Squid Proxy behind LVS not opening some pages
From: Daniel Niasoff <daniel.niasoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 23:25:44 +0000
Hi,

I have LVS running on Centos 6.3 in a direct routing configuration using
arptables to manage the VIPs.

It's working "nearly" perfectly.

I have noticed for a while that some pages don't open properly (they hang). I
thought it was an issue with the websites each time but then started testing.

What I can see, is that if I access the proxy directly then the "problem" page
opens instantly but if I access it via LVS (using the VIP) then it will just
hang.

Doesn't make a difference if I am using an explicit or transparent proxy.

I have tried rr and lblc schedulers but to no avail.

Any ideas?

I noticed someone with similar issue
http://serverfault.com/questions/188451/lvs-ipvs-load-balanced-squid-problems-with-some-sites
 and he ended up compiling a vanilla kernel. Don't want to go down that route
if I don't have to.

Thanks

Daniel