Re: [lvs-users] full-nat support in mainline kernel?

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] full-nat support in mainline kernel?
From: Jan Kasprzak <kas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 11:44:55 +0100
Stefan Bauer wrote:
: -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
: Von:  Jan Kasprzak <kas@xxxxxxxxxx>
: >     I think my configuration above does exactly this
: > (well, I have omitted "lip" address, using SNAT to a different address
: > instead of MASQUERADE would solve it).
: >
: > : I just dont want to mess in userland with iptables manually.
: >
: >     OK, understood. For me it was still better than installing
: > a reverse proxy for a single virtual service out of tens I already
: > serve using IPVS.
:
: Again, as far as i understood, no reverse proxy is required. It is handled by
the ip_vs netfilter module if you use fullnat method.
:
: Please correct my, if I'm wrong on this.

        Well, as you wrote, there it is not merged to mainline
(and definitely not available on my not-so-new IPVS server). So for me
it was either a user-space reverse proxy or IPVS+SNAT.

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak  <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| New GPG 4096R/A45477D5 - see http://www.fi.muni.cz/~kas/pgp-rollover.txt |