Re: [lvs-users] Mysterious lvs entry in ganglia

To: Laurence Marks <L-marks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Mysterious lvs entry in ganglia
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 17:21:50 +0000
On Mon, 2013-02-11 at 10:44 -0600, Laurence Marks wrote:
> I have a mysterious host in my cluster ganglia page

I would suggest that you need to either look in the ganglia logs to see
where that node is coming from, or run a tcpdump on the ganglia server
itself to work out where the traffic is coming from.

I would hazard a guess that there's a misconfigured node on your local
(campus?) LAN which is communicating with the ganglia server. Worst case
is someone has something running "away from home" which is calling in
remotely over the internet, in which case you need to firewall the nuts
out of your ganglia server.

Feel free to email me off-list if you like - this is definitely not a
usual situation, although neither is it one for this list!

Graeme