Re: [lvs-users] 200K to 400K Http requests per second

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] 200K to 400K Http requests per second
From: ipvsuser <ipvsuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 13:06:51 -0700
Slightly OT, but do you see TCP Fast Open as something that will help reduce
your pps rate? In the past, you mentioned email being a big part of your load,
so I am guessing that your connections are longer lived and that it will not
be as much of a factor as some web sites that have many short lived connections.

I doubt you have tried this (I know Dell sells AMD boxes but I am not sure if
any Dell customers buy them) but have you ever seen the performance
differences for an AMD based box in your high load LVS director work load vs
the Intels as far as softirq, etc?

Thanks for sharing.

http://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_3.7#head-cd32b65674184083465d349ad6d772c828fbbd8b

http://conferences.sigcomm.org/co-next/2011/papers/1569470463.pdf