Re: [lvs-users] ldirectord does not transfer connections when a real ser

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] ldirectord does not transfer connections when a real server dies
From: Konstantin Boyanov <kkboyanov@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 10:41:56 +0200
Hello,

Thanks for the detailed explanation Andreas! :)

The maintenance usecase is one of the possible scenarios I tested. The
other one is killing (hard rebootin / shutting down) one of the real
servers to simulate server failure. In this scenario the user clicking on
reload willbe landing on the dead server for as long as he grabs the phone
and starts to yell at customer support :) That is why we wanted to have the
connections terminate / relocate when a server goes down or is set a weight
of 0 (which from the ldirectord persepctive are the same things, right?).

So, when a real server goes down, how can I decrease the time in which the
web server seems to be offline for users that were connected to the dead
server? To expire the quiescent connections seems part of it, because we
are using persistence, but are there any useful configuration options for
ldirectord which can help achieve such behaviour?

Best regards,
Konstantin Boyanov