[lvs-users] Can't Access Other Director/Real Server

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] Can't Access Other Director/Real Server
From: Darren Mansell <darren.mansell@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 22:55:26 +0100
Hi all,

I have a 2 node Pacemaker cluster using ldirector to control my IPVS rules.

I'm setting it up in the same way I've done for years, put the VIP on
loopback as /32, and also as an extra IP on eth0 as /24.

The cluster will add the VIP to eth0 as 192.168.1.10/24 on one of the
nodes, and the same VIP will be on lo as 192.168.1.10/32 on both nodes.

If I try to access 192.168.1.10 on the node with the VIP active on eth0 and
with the IPVS rules active, the requests directed to the local node work,
but fail going to the other node. IPVS is using gate (direct server return).

This has worked fine for years but my latest build using Ubuntu 12.04 isn't
working. I've tried capturing some traffic but nothing jumps out.

I've tried to make a diagram below. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

                               Client

Real/director1--------------------------------------Real/director2
eth0:192.168.1.1                                    eth0:192.168.1.2
eth0:192.168.1.10(VIP)
lo:192.168.1.10(VIP)                                lo:192.168.1.10(VIP)

Real/director1 only gets responses when the VIP traffic is sent to itself.
When traffic is directed to the other node it fails (times out)

Traffic originating from the client is balanced and directed fine.

The standard sysctl.conf arp params are on there.