Re: [lvs-users] SNAT with LVS

To: Nick Calvert <nick.calvert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] SNAT with LVS
From: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 11:10:32 +0900
Architecturally LVS-DR should have an advantage over anything
that acts as a proxy as only packets received from the end-user
need to pass through the linux-director - return packets bypass it.

For this reason I would expect that in situations of high load
that LVS-DR would be an attractive choice.

I also suspect that as IPVS lives in the kernel that it has another
performance advantage which would help in situations of high load.