[lvs-users] Reg. LVS DR with VIP

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] Reg. LVS DR with VIP
From: ESWAR RAO <eswar7028@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 14:15:06 +0530
Hi all,

I have a machine where the LVS runs with a VIP on eth0 and the 2  real
backend servers have the same VIP in lo:0 interface. I have added
arp_announce and arp_ignore in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*

In the 3 node setup, whenever the LVS node fails , the LVS migrates to any
one of the real nodes. But the VIP is also configured on the lo:0 interface.

Does it pose any problem to have same VIP on both eth0:0 and lo:0
interfaces???

Thanks
Eswar