Re: [lvs-users] Port mapping with LVS-DR using fwmark

To: Jacoby Hickerson <hickersonjl@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Port mapping with LVS-DR using fwmark
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 10:44:06 +0200 (EET)
        Hello,

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014, Jacoby Hickerson wrote:

> Thanks Julian!  After enabling CONFIG_IP_VS_NFCT and setting conntrack to 1
> that resolved the problem.
> However, how leery should I be with it consuming memory?  Is there a test to
> monitor this consumption?  Currently the nf_conntrack_max is set to the
> default: 65536

        cat /proc/slabinfo | grep nf_conntrack
or 'slabtop' can show the object size used by conntracks.
It should be 240+ bytes. You can expect one conntrack per
IPVS connection. You can also see conntracks with
cat /proc/net/nf_conntrack | less

        cat /proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_count shows
the current number of conntracks. You can look for 'count'
at __nf_conntrack_alloc() and nf_conntrack_free() to see
how it is implemented.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>