[lvs-users] Sync issue after master reboot

To: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] Sync issue after master reboot
From: "Markhasin, Dan" <dan.markhasin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 16:59:09 +0000
Hello,

We are currently building an LVS cluster with two ldirector servers to ensure
HA. Each of these servers has two ipvsadm 1.26 sync daemons running, which we
start by:

On master:

--start-daemon master --syncid 50

--start-daemon backup --syncid 51

On backup:

--start-daemon master --syncid 51

--start-daemon backup --syncid 50

During normal operation there are no issues, connections are made to the master
and are synced to the backup. In case the master goes down, the connections
seamlessly transfer over to the backup.
However, in the case of a reboot of the master, after the master is brought
back online and the ipvsadm daemons are started, the existing connections from
the backup server are not synced to the master - causing them all to disconnect
whenever a failback is performed. New connections made to the slave are synced,
but the old ones are not.

I have seen references from the past decade to this problem, but have found no
solution for syncing the master and the backup server after the master's
reboot. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Dan
Intel Israel (74) Limited