Re: [lvs-users] Is the virtual ip visible in local network?

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Is the virtual ip visible in local network?
From: Ferenc Wagner <wferi@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 18:53:21 +0100
net.study.sea@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> 在 2014-3-2,18:24,Ferenc Wagner <wferi@xxxxxxx> 写道:
>
>> net.study.sea@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>>
>>> How is the packet forwarded from loader balancer to Real server
>>> through VIP?
>>
>> There are three possibilities: direct routing, NAT and tunneling.  See
>> for example http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/how.html.
>
> On application level, is. It. Possible to redirect net packet to a
> special real server ,which is determined by client's param?
> if. Possible , how to do that?

I'm not sure I properly understand your question, but if you define your
virtual services by firewall marks, then the full power of netfilter
matches is at your disposal.  For example you can easily distribute
connections from different IP addresses differently.  It's not
"application level", but IPVS is inherently kernel-based.  On the other
hand, netfilter is capable of doing user-space callouts, which may be
enough for you.
--
Regards,
Feri.