Re: [lvs-users] ldirectord question

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] ldirectord question
From: Aaron West <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 18:20:02 +0100
Hi Ilo,

To my knowledge a real server failing a health check done by an agent such
as ldirectord/keepalived is pulled from the LVS table.

This will break any established connections to this server. A new
connection should then start on a remaining live server on the next
click/refresh for something like a web application or next connection retry
for something else.

How this affects your app/users depends on your application design, mostly
HTTP sessions would be fine while things like RDP/SSH/HTTPS would require
you to reconnect/re-authenticate.

Regards

Aaron West