Re: [lvs-users] persistence and destination IP hashing

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] persistence and destination IP hashing
From: David Waddell <David.Waddell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 15:14:08 +0000
Malcolm,
    Supposing we could define a pool of IPS for real servers before they exist
- would we not still need persistence, to prevent requests being steered to a
different real server, as weight was increased to being a real server 'online'
?
    Whether it's the hashing or a weight calculation that determines the real
server, we would still need it to persist, which would bring us back to the
same problem I think ?
Thanks
David.