Re: [lvs-users] About ipvs of sctp configuration

To: "overcastsky.zhao@xxxxxxxxx" <overcastsky.zhao@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] About ipvs of sctp configuration
Cc: lvs-users <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 22:41:09 +0200 (EET)
        Hello,

On Fri, 12 Dec 2014, overcastsky.zhao@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> helloMy name is Zhao Qing,I come from China,Would like to ask you a
> question。I want to try to use ipvsadm use sctp protocol configuration
> ipvs,But the man ipvsadm did not specify,Do you have this information can
> guide me to complete the configuration on sctp agreement ipvs distribute it?
>
> My system is centos 6.4 kernel 2.6.32-358.el6.x86_64
>
> ipvs 1.2.1 and ipvsadm1.26 can complete the task sctp distribute it?
>
> http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/  according to the instructions is
> possible, but google did not search the available examples and explanations,
> so to find you。
>
> This is my problem, I hope you did not bother to,I wish you a happy work。

        Latest ipvsadm version can be obtained with:

# git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/kernel/ipvsadm/ipvsadm.git

        But SCTP support is missing from ipvsadm.
May be we have to implement --sctp-service option.
Currently, admins use fwmark service to support SCTP, for example:

# Mark SCTP (protocol 132):
iptables -t mangle -A INPUT -p 132 -d $VIP ... -j MARK --set-mark 1
# Add fwmark-based service as usually
ipvsadm -A -f 1 -s wlc
ipvsadm -a -f 1 -r $RIP:$RPORT -m

Regards