[lvs-users] ipv6 routing through dummy interface

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] ipv6 routing through dummy interface
From: Adilson dos Santos Dantas <adilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 17:49:03 -0300
Hi,

I have some routing problems when I configure a server with ipv6 and dummy0
interface under Ubuntu server. With this network configuration:

 iface dummy0 inet6 static
 address fdab:cdef:abcd:1::2345
 netmask 48

It creates a new route through dummy0 instead of a real network interface
(eth0/eth1). The kernel table looks like this:

fdab:cdef:abcd:1::/48            ::                         U    256 0
0 dummy0
fdab:cdef:abcd:1::/48            ::                         U    256 0
6 eth1

And I cannot ping any ipv6 address and I cannot use with the lvs server.

But, when I restart the dummy interface, the routing order change, so I got:

fdab:cdef:abcd:1::/48            ::                         U    256 0
6 eth1
fdab:cdef:abcd:1::/48            ::                         U    256 0
0 dummy0

and I can ping any ipv6 address and access the lvs server.

I don't have any problem with ipv4 and works nice with the lvs server. The
only difference is that the ip is under a dummy alias like this:

 auto dummy0:0
iface dummy0:0 inet static
 address 10.2.3.4
 netmask 255.255.255.255
 broadcast 10.2.3.4

Does anyone set up a server with this kind of  ipv6 network configuration?
Is there a way to load the dummy interface at boot time without messing the
ipv6 routing table and restart the interface for fix it?

Regards,
--
Adilson dos Santos Dantas
http://www.adilson.net.br