Re: [lvs-users] LVS : simple load balancing failover

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS : simple load balancing failover
Cc: ms@xxxxxxx
From: Richard Scott <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2015 21:11:19 +0000
Hi,

If you want to move an IP from one server to a backup server (should the
primary server fail) then just use the VRRP part of Keepalived and
ignore/remove the LVS bits.
If the primary keepalived daemon dies due to you stopping it or the
server going offline, then the secondary server will get the IP
allocated to its network interface.

Thanks,

Rich