[lvs-users] LVS "Passthrough"

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] LVS "Passthrough"
From: Owain Jones <Owain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 10:21:59 +0100
Hi folks,

Whilst I've got LVS up and running for load balancing services amongst
realservers that come in on the VIP, this effectively disables access to
that node on its non-VIP (RIP) LAN address.

Is there a way to specify a "passthrough" for these non-VIP packets, so
that local LAN communications can just "pass through" LVS untouched?

I have some cluster control software that intercommunicates between the
nodes on the LAN - it always uses the RIP and not the VIP - and I'd like
RIP-based packets to just be delivered normally to the node, only the
VIP needs the load balancing.

Regards,
Owain