Re: [lvs-users] LVS and Squid client with persistent connection

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS and Squid client with persistent connection
From: Thomas Bätzler <t.baetzler@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 14:22:23 +0000
Hello Peter,

> Having client of Squid server with opened persistent connection causing
the
> LVS balancing forwarding new connections to the other node only.

Yeah, while there's an established connection over ipvs all subsequent new
connections from the same source ip are routed to the same backend server.

Weight just specifies how traffic from different source ips is going to be
distributed, when using the w* loadbalancing algorithms.

I hate to suggest this, but have you considered using haproxy to distribute
requests to your squid servers?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
i.A. Thomas Bätzler
--
BRINGE Informationstechnik GmbH
Zur Seeplatte 12

Fon: +49 721 94246-0
Fon: +49 171 5438457
Fax: +49 721 94246-66
Web: http://www.bringe.de/

Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Martin Bringe
Ust.Id: DE812936645, HRB 108943 Mannheim