LVS
lvs-devel

Re: kernel oops - do_ip_vs_get_ctl

To: "Ryan O'Hara" <rohara@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: kernel oops - do_ip_vs_get_ctl
Cc: lvs-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:03:34 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012, Ryan O'Hara wrote:

> I frequently get a kernel oops in do_ip_vs_get_ctl when starting keepalived on
> a 3.3.0 kernel. I'm attaching the trace from /var/log/messages. Has anyone
> encountered this problem and if so is there a patch available? Much
> appreciated.

        Is it happening while ip_vs module is loading?
nf_register_sockopt is one of the first thing that is
initialized, may be the GET operation accesses something
from net->ipvs that is not initialized yet. As I can not
see properly the exact place from the oops, I'll try to
analyze do_ip_vs_get_ctl for such problem. May be other
folks will be faster in tracking the right command and
position in the source code.

        May be we have to split ip_vs_control_init to
two parts so that sockopts are the last thing to register
on init.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>