Re: [lvs-users] DR : real server unable to reach VIP

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] DR : real server unable to reach VIP
From: Florent B <florent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 13:35:17 +0200
On 05/20/2015 01:17 PM, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2015, 12:59:33 schrieb Florent B:
>> The source IP address is the IP address of the client, but the client
here is my real server. It tries to connect to VIP.

> Why? It could use its own IP address for connetions (127.0.0.1, ::1).
> Otherwise you are in trouble.

Because it needs to access service through load balancer. Because RS
does not know in advance where load balancer will send request (it can
be himself or another RS).
No ? I think I have a conception trouble, but I don't understand how to
handle that.
The service can be down on my RS, but it needs to access it through LVS
to answer another RS. But sometimes it answers itself because LVS has
decided to, what's wrong with that ?