Re: [lvs-users] Understanding granularity, timeouts and unexpected balan

To: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Understanding granularity, timeouts and unexpected balance of traffic on reals
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Abhijeet Rastogi <abhijeet.1989@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 14:05:57 -0700
Hi Julian,

Thanks for taking a look.

>  Yes, if they are for same virtual service. Otherwise,
it would be a bug if connections from same subnet go to different
real servers.

I can confirm that traffic is coming to only one virtual service. Column 5
on "sudo ipvsadm -lnc" is the destination virtual service configured, this
is the output:-

[arastogi@esv5-app02 ~]$ sudo ipvsadm -lnc | grep <source_ip_/48_prefix> |
grep ESTAB | grep 29: | head -n 100 | awk '{print $5}' | sort | uniq -c  |
sort -nk 1
    100 [VIP_configured]:443

I see only VIP as the destination from current active ESTABLISHED
connections created <60 seconds ago.

>      I'm not sure how many virtual servers you are using.
Please, list your configuration, even with scrambled IPs:

        ipvsadm -Ln

Now that you said, if it's not happening it should be a bug, looks like I
missed seeing a key section in the ipvsadm output.

FWM  97284778 IPv6 rr persistent 120
  -> [v6_reals:9222]:0 Route   1      0          0
  -> [v6_reals:9223]:0 Route   1      0          0
  -> [v6_reals:9224]:0 Route   1      0          0

There is no mask mentioned in the service table info (line1). That should
mean that the mask is 128 as per ipvsadm code.

                  if (se->af == AF_INET6)
                        if (se->netmask != 128)
                              printf(" mask %i", se->netmask);

Thanks, Julian.