LVS
lvs-devel

Re: IPVS IPv6: code and data structure reuse

To: Julius Volz <juliusv@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IPVS IPv6: code and data structure reuse
Cc: lvs-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:14:31 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008, Julius Volz wrote:

About running out of time: The good thing is that I can still continue
on this regardless of my current employer, since the project is
interesting by itself ;)

well you may have time in the future, but don't count on it. Things happen, your car needs repair, you go on vacation, someone calls you up with a neat idea and you'll find you have 3 months of ipvs_ipv6 code sitting on the shelf which isn't going anywhere. Plan on writing code to your current horizon and if that winds up being what time you have, then you won't have done all that work for nothing. If you can keep going, then there's no harm done.

THere's been two previous efforts to move the ipvs() hook from LOCAL_IN which have produced no code in the outside world, for what I presume is running out of time. The guy who did the original IPV6 port for LVS a long time ago, just disappeared. Presumably he didn't have time to update it.